Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm Thinking of You Often These Days...

Those people. We all have those people. You know, the ones that no matter what ever happens in life, how far away we go, or how little we see them, we simply cannot forget them. They're the people that will always have a little space in our hearts, because they filled times with a little glow that otherwise would have been very dim. They fix us. And for some unknown reason, they just fit. Right alongside us. These people are friends. They are lovers. They are confidantes. They are a hand to hold. They are a set of eyes to share a silent conversation with. They are smiles in poignant times. They are laughs in the brightest. They are any, and all of the above.
As I'm listening to this album, this song, for the umpteenth time, I'm thinking about you again. Thinking about what you might be doing. How you're feeling. If you've slept at all in the past few days. And wondering if I were there, or if you were here, we might both just be a little bit better off for it. And maybe it wouldn't make the least difference at all. But regardless of the past, and the could-have would-have should-have's that simmer in a too full mind, I'm just thinking of you. And that's alright with me.

It seems the moments went so fast
I couldn't bask in one for long before it passed
And now they slip right by
And my thoughts, they're craving you and I
(No they don't have us no, not anymore)

You journey back to our hometown
We spend an evening graced with all our sights and sounds
But the morning breaks our high
When you say, it was only one more night

Don't go, cause I made it through goodbye
Now I'll make it better
I know we needed a little time to our lives
And I believe that you would never make it back
I take it back baby
But now that you're here
Don't go

The broken sidewalk looked like states
I stood on Tennessee and begged for you to stay
But you kept your eyes down low
And you took the Colorado's home

Don't go, cause I made it through goodbye
Now I'll make it better
I know we needed a little time to our lives
And I believed that you would never make it back
I take it back baby
But now that you're here
Don't go

Don't leave me stranded on the street
We used to meet that split between our houses
I don't wanna go back alone, no

Don't go cause we made it though the night
Now I'll make it better
I know we needed a little time to our lives
And I believed that you would never make it back
I take it back baby
Now that you're here
Don't go...

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me... and I find myself daydreaming about things that never happened. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete