Friday, February 5, 2010

She Comes In Colors


Have you seen her dressed in blue?
See the sky in front of you
And her face is like a sail
Speck of white so fair and pale
Have you seen a lady fairer?

Have you seen her all in gold?
Like a queen in days of old
She shoots her colors all around
Like a sunset going down
Have you seen a lady fairer?

She comes in colors everywhere
She combs her hair
She's like a rainbow
Coming, colors in the air
Oh, everywhere
She comes in colors

A wonderful thing has happened. I’ve rediscovered my happiness. Wowie, I forgot how good I am at it too! Haha:) Not only have I dropped nearly fifteen pounds since Christmas, I’ve gone to enough ward activities to procure a really great social circle for myself, and discovered that I apparently get super into church basketball games. I don’t know for how much longer they’re going to play, but every Wednesday and Thursday there’s a game at my building we all go to. It’s quite the event. Can I just say how much I still love my ward? Blessing after blessing after blessing. I am one lucky girl!

Last night I had the gang over to watch (500) Days of Summer, which is still one of my all time favorite movies! It sort of reminds me of the most recent relationship I had, which for me ended quite simply when I moved away. He had a slightly harder time with the transition though, and it has been something of a struggle explaining to him why it was actually really okay. I don’t want to ruin the movie for those who will still have the privilege of seeing it, but one aspect of the story line is that Summer, the girl, does not believe in love, or fate, or forever, whereas Tom, the boy, believes so strongly in them that he creates quite the predicament for himself when those ideals come under examination. I love the opening line for the film, "This is a story of boy meets girl... But you should know up front, this is not a love story." Coupled with the beautifully unique crooning of Regina Spektor, it’s hard not to fall in love right from the very beginning. Good stuff. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment