Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Getting Fresh

Lately, I am in love with pink.
Audrey Hepburn said:

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."

I have recently begun a project making over what will soon be my new bedroom. In the past I have habitually been drawn toward darker richer color schemes, and have a wealth of red and black room decor to prove it. But since coming home to Utah, I find that I no longer need to fill my life with dense rich colors to offset the the blanched landscape. The Utah valley (while still technically a desert) is a land rich in vibrant color and life, and I have lately been craving brighter more alive surroundings to match the Spring blooms and green grass, and now the endlessly blue summer sky. I have NEVER loved Summer. But here, it's seriously growing on me. Anyway, while I know it may be a challenge converting to a completely different color scheme considering so many of my belongings fit into another bracket entirely, along with my desire for a lighter canvas comes the desire to downsize and do some serious simplifying. The walls in my bedroom have been painted a happy pink/orange "Sunkissed Peach" with a deep blue-purple bird silhouette and curly quote on one wall ("Be like the bird that, pausing on her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing that she hath wings." -Victor Hugo), and as soon as the floors are finished I'll proceed to arrange my hopefully Anthropologie-esque new living space. Aren't fresh starts great? Fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment