Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica

Well folks, it's true. So far I've lost 35 pounds, just like I said I would. (Well, I didn't say 35 specifically, just that I was going to get in shape.) This is largely to do with the wonderful contraption sitting in my living room that I have lovingly dubbed, the treadmill. Man I love that thing! :) Depending on what I've been doing during the week since I started this whole process I've varied my workouts and their frequency, and lately I've been able to walk every day (with the incline way up so I can practice for hiking with Meg!) with an ab workout added in three times a week as well. You may ask, "How does she do it??" Well I'll tell you. It's these lovely folks right here! I've already seen basically all of the episodes of "The Office" but I own the first four seasons on DVD and I hadn't watched them in a while, so I decided to pop one in while I was walking this week. Uh, whoever decided to make TV shows sans commercials last a pretty twenty minutes was a genius. They're perfect little mile markers! And my workout goes by super quick when I'm laughing to the point of snorting at Jim's hilarious pranks and Michael's nearly painful complete obliviousness. I think that the laughter even acts as a little boost in my workout! Who needs crunches when you can laugh in stead? :)

[Jim enters office dressed as Dwight. He adjusts his pager, sits down at his desk, and squints at his computer screen]
Jim: It's kinda blurry. [he pulls out glasses like Dwights and puts them on] That's better. [looks up at Dwight] Question. What kind of bear is best?
Dwight: That'a ridiculous question.
Jim: False. Black bear.
Dwight: That's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought--
Jim: Fact, bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
Dwight: Bears do not-- What is going on? What are you doing??
[cuts to Jim talking to cameraman]
Jim: Last week I was in a drugstore, and I saw these glasses. Uh, four dollars. And it only cost me seven dollars to recreate the rest of the ensemble, so that's a grand total of... [beeps on watch/calculator] Eleven dollars.
[cut back to Jim and Dwight at desks]
Dwight: You know what, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I thank you.
[Jim pulls a bobblehead from his briefcase and puts it on his desk]
Dwight: Identity theft is not a joke, Jim!! Thousands of families suffer every year!
Jim: Michael!
Dwight: Oh, that's funny. MICHAEL!

2 comments:

  1. You are a rock star!! I'm so proud of you for accomplishing your goal, that is so awesome!
    The office cracks me up! I saw a guy in the air port with a t-shirt that said "Fact: Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." I giggled thinking about that episode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) I love the office
    b) 35lbs?! that's so awesome! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete