Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Good Philosophy

She was a fresh and stunning nineteen years old when they walked out of that temple and into the next fifteen years of their lives. Then the world tilted for a time and everything was singed by the sun before it fell back into place. A little tainted, and a little healed. Now her daughter is a fresh and stunning nineteen years old and she's got a grip on the world like a walking cane and a magic wand. What she doesn't say is that life really isn't as complex as all that. It's just about carrying the water with you. Lifting where you stand. She's got an open mind, and a naked finger, and the single life never looked brighter.


Jumped the cliff, I don't know why.
Spread my wings and learned to fly.

Tip my dream hat. Hear me roar.
Swim the sea, and cry no more.

Sing my love to the blue blue sky.
Listen to the years pass by.

Memories caught in butterfly nets.
This is as good as it gets.

Running til my cares run out.
Feeling life beyond the doubt.

Skip a rock on this glassy lake.
Swing the bat as hard as it takes.

Pound those keys to Timbuktu.
Dream, and think, and fancy you.

Blink my lashes. Work and thrive.
Sing my song, cause I'm ALIVE.


(Poem written September '05)

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog. You are an amazing writer and I am a new fan!

    ReplyDelete