Wednesday, September 8, 2010
I'm a Bird
I'm a bird. I learned to fly very young because I had to and I've been flying ever since. It doesn't take a lot to make me happy, just good food, good friends, and good chirps (laughs). My home is simple, but worth the fiercest protecting because it is my home. I spend my days singing along to anything I can hear, and if I don't know the words I whistle. Sometimes I find that I've flown further from home than I intended to. I may be lost for a while, but somehow I can always find my way back again. If I land on something that pricks, I hop up and keep moving. If I eat something that disagrees with me, I buck up and get through it and then remember not to eat it again. I take care to stay preened and groomed. I value cleanliness, and love a good bath. I'm attracted to all things sparkly, and while I often can't obtain them, I still find happiness in the looking. I was lovingly raised by a mother who sacrificed what she had to give me a good chance at life, and one who now knows that because of it I'm strong enough to make it on my own (Though I still sometimes return to the nest for the pleasure of her company and assistance). I am not a particularly high maintenance creature because I do the maintaining myself, but of course I won't pass up the sweet gesture of a handful of crumbs thrown my way. I can sometimes be a gossip, though without malice. I like to wake up to the sun, and start my day with a song. I am loyal to a fault to those I care for and will defend my family against any foe. I'll stop moving for a while when it rains, but only so that I can soak in the peace and the taste of it in the air. I am uncomfortable to be on the ground where I can't see all that's going on around me. I don't like to be taken by surprise, and I'll react quickly when I'm startled. I'm happiest when the spring blooms cover the soft earth and I can feel the suns rays reflecting back up at me in technicolor. I have a small window of comfort when it comes to the temperature. Too hot and I'll lose my wits. Too cold and I'll just want to sleep. When the time comes that I choose a partner, I'll fiercely and affectionately stay by his side and expect nothing less of him. Always. I'll be pleasantly, simply, me all of my life. And then when my time on this earth is done, I'll quietly slip away and find some other bright corner of the universe to whistle about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You amaze me! Thanks again for a wonderful post! I love the way you write!!!
ReplyDelete