365q.
This is the blog of a photographer/graphic design student, Julian Bialowas, who is taking and editing original photos, one every day, for a year. I love the gorgeous nature and travel based photos, and also the great sayings and quotes he incorporates. Great, simple design. It's definitely a huge inspiration not only to get out there and do something, but also to create beautiful things myself. Awesome. Awesome awesome. (That's his work up there, incidentally.)
Working out two days a week (easing my way back in to summer full-on workout mode) and still losing pounds and feeling great for the rest of them.
Giving a shout out to the great, Denise Austin: Shrink Your Female Fat Zones workout. Forty minutes of the perfect blend of arms, abs, and legs, and feeling the burn, without it being so intense it's discouraging. And it works baby.
Spring in the valley.
Breezy and sunny one day, and then gorgeously gray and rainy the next. Oh, how I love spring rain. So beautiful. Also, so happy for hiking season to be upon us once again! (Another moose escapade perhaps?)
Art school.
Yeah, it's hard. Challenging is a better word actually. But it's just the right amount of push to keep me excited about it. I am without even the slightest doubt that it was the right decision. It's a lot of money, and sure, a legit degree isn't the most important thing in the art world, but for me, this was an absolute must and I don't regret it one bit.
My octopus art and little bird.
Somehow it just fits so well and reminds me of dear close friends, and far off adventures. I love that it will always be 'the first one' and will help me remember that even when something is scary and new, or unpredictable, I will know that I have the gumption to do it anyway. I can conquer. I will triumph.
New books.
Recently I've been making my way through the novels of John Green, inspired by a few choice quotes I was introduced to. They're certainly written for a specific audience, but the mastery of his distinct literary voice, and the unexpected depth of the stories leaves a wash of satisfaction in finishing them.
Workout Wednesday.
It seems I'm the kind of person who tends to let a single project or goal take up a very large amount of brainspace while I'm working on it. Thus the great deal of information about my working out and weight loss/health goals.. That said, Wednesdays have heretofore been dubbed: Workout Wednesday. I wake up at five in the am, pop in my video, grab my weights and balance ball, and shred it until a little before six when I shower and get ready to work all day. It seems like I should be really tired and dread waking up that early, but it really just pumps me up and keeps me in a good mood all day.
My car.
It was pretty much a Heaven sent miracle that got me my new Grand Prix right in the nick of time when I had no other options. I am grateful every single day for a sturdy and reliable car to take me wherever I need to go, and that looks good doing it too. I love that it doesn't break down on me every four hundred miles. I love that the stereo system works and lets me rock out to my music on a regular basis. I love that it's mine.
Being the Ward Choir Director.
For the third time in a row, I have been called to be the choir director in my singles ward. (Three different wards, that is.) I love love love being challenged to find just the right arrangements for us to sing, making schedules and running practices. I love that I get to share my love and my passion for music with others, and I love that people listen. What a thrill to push the boundaries of your comfort zone and be forced to be in charge of something that for the most part you've only followed. Round three, here we go.
No comments:
Post a Comment