Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I'm gonna bat my long sweet lashes over you...

Hello, mind.
What were you thinking?
Why did you bring that up—
Today?

Hello, brain.
How could you do this?
How could you bring me to this—
Today?

Hello, world.
Here’s how I come wrapped.
Here’s how you’ll find me in my package;
My stark white sanity wrap.

Hello, sky.
Fly me away now.
Lift me into your arms,
And baby, don’t you look back.

Cause I’m a wandering lonesome kind of girl,
I’m not going to go changing for the world,
And I’m not going to bat my lashes
Just for you—
Even though I know you want me to.
Cause I know who I am,
And that’s true.

Sometimes I think.
And then I think harder...
And I think how I’d think if I
Didn’t know at all...

Sometimes I wonder.
No, I really w o n d e r...
Sometimes I dream, delusion, ponder why?
Sing my blue blue blue moon lullaby.

Sometimes it’s cold.
I curl up tighter.
Sometimes I wish upon that first star,
Wish hard—
For someone else.

Sometimes I stop
And then I go faster.
Sometimes I write a million miles an hour,
And don’t remember half.

Cause I’m a wandering lonesome kind of girl,
And I’m going to step out and see the world,
And I’m not going to bat my lashes—
Just for you.
But I wouldn’t be too worried about it
If I were you.

Yeah I’m not going to bat my lashes
Bat my lashes
Bat my lashes
...
I’m going to bat my long sweet lashes over you.

Good morning, sunshine.
You’re looking so fine today.
You’re looking like a million bucks went to
A stock no one would buy.

Good morning, life.
So good of you to drop by.
But if you’ll excuse me,
I’m quite busy today.

Good morning, beautiful.
I missed your sweet face.
I missed you when you passed by,
And now I’m paying the price.

Good morning, boy.
Come take my hand now.
Take me in your back seat sooo sweet hard beat fast treat
Good day good day good day... Melody.

Take me to the moon.
Don’t think we’re coming back anytime soon.
So leave your message at the beep dear,
But don’t expect to hear—from me.

Cause I’m a wandering lonesome kind of girl.
Don’t you dare try and show me the world.
Cause I’ve got a handle on it—
No really, I do.
I’ve got my bat-me-lashes on the wheel,
And I stop, and I go, and I dream, and I think,
And I sing, and I dance, and I feel

Yeah I’m a wandering lonesome kind of girl.
I’ll get around to you, dear world.
But now I’ll see you to the door.
Don’t think I’ll see you ‘round no more.
Don’t think I’ll need my cup of joe
To keep me spinnin’—
Round I go.
To keep me hangin’ on—
Don’t keep me hangin on—
Don’t think I’m hanging on just for you...

I’m a wandering lonesome kind of girl,
And I miss you
Dear, dear world.

Do you miss me too?

Do I want you to?

Do I want you to?
Want you to...

I want you to
Want
Me

Too...

3 comments:

  1. Did you write this? If not, it's a great...song? Cause if it's not a song, it should be. And if you did write this...WOW! Girl, you should be a song writer. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I did write it actually:) Thanks!! I really love writing lyrics, and don't worry, it is supposed to be a song. My sister composes on the piano, and I've been trying to get her to help me out with it. I'm glad you like it:)
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. cudos (if thats how you spell it...) i love it great job!

    ReplyDelete