Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween is for Zombies

I figured I'd round October out to a pretty ten posts with a Happy Halloween to you! This year I got to attend two Halloween parties, one on Friday that Kira hosted at her great new apartment, and another with the YSA group from several stakes on Saturday night. Kira's party was oh so much fun. I put on my pretty gold prom dress and then doused my hair in hair spray and ratted it into all oblivion to craft my zombie prom queen hairstyle and attach my crown, as well as covered myself in gross zombie makeup and oodles of fake blood! Yay! Dallon was my zombie prom king, so I got to gross him all up when I was done with my face too. We were certainly something to behold. I highly recommend this. We got home so late on Friday night after delicious homemade food and treats, scary (true!) stories, fun games, and great company, that I decided to leave the task of detangling my hair for the morning. This was probably a good idea, as it took me seeeeveral minutes as well as a good dose of conditioner to accomplish the task. I was feeling so fresh and nice after this that I decided to forgo the gruesome makeup and attend the YSA Halloween party as a living prom queen. This party had a haunted house (which I did not enter as I was advised that the many obstacles and decorations were likely to harm my pretty silk dress), some great chili, games, and most prominently featured, karaoke. I don't think I've seen so many people sign up to sing in front of a crowd before. It totally made the party though, everyone was in high spirits and just had a good time eating and spooking and goofing off. Today is officially Halloween, and while I may not be donning my gold dress for a third night in a row I sure have had my share of holiday weekend spirit! Happy Halloween everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment